Friday, September 08, 2006

First Post

OK......I am going to give this a try, I make no promises. This would actually be a great way to keep notes of things that I do so I would have them for future reference. I am terrible about taking notes when I am doing things on a computer. It seems that once I get going I try to get to the finish line as fast as possible then don't worry about it again until the next time.


Of course the next time maybe 6 months down the road and by then I have totally forgotten everything about what I did (links, commands....etc). I will try to be good about updating this, and hopefully someone out there will find it interesting. Who knows?


Currently the things that occupy my time is working on a PHP/MySql logbook project for use for work, which will allow me to take notes while at work. I have included the ability to add "tags" to aid in searching logbook entries. I have found that two of the things that I cannot live without on the web are tabs (in mozilla firefox of course), and tags for creating multiple easy to remember search terms. I am also working on a decent backup scheme for my website (MySql database data, files, photos...etc). I had coded a python script to do this but it is now outdated and is not backing up all the data that I currently need.


So anyways, that is what is going on around here at the moment.


Technorati technorati tags: , ,







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home